Sunday, July 9, 2017

SUPER 8 GROTON

I arrived in good time to get a fine room here at the super 8.  They have Turner Classic movies and other good stations as well.   It is on the first floor and very nice.  It has a standard coffee maker so I can make my own coffee and a little refrigerator holds all the food I brought.


I was too tired to want to go anywhere, so I just drifted back to the hotel and put on a funny old comedy on TCM, poured a scotch, and just relaxed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Springs_Weekend

Nice to see Jerry Vandyke.  He will soon be 86 years old.  What a great life, and how interesting to see how much like his brother he acts.

There is no microwave in this room.  So no popcorn for me tonight, nor can I warm up any breakfast tomorrow.  I'll have to have the cold bits like hard boiled egg and salad.

On the tapes I started Dostoevsky's  Notes from the Underground.  I am enjoying it.  it goes slowly.  I doubt I would have the patience to read it, but I have already heard lines I'd like to have written down.  He is reflecting on spite in part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment