Wednesday, July 12, 2017

MONDAY POKER MADNESS

I spent the day today at Foxwoods, but ended up losing.  No high hands.  I had my best chance in my third hand.  A jack of spades on the river would have given me a Royal and a thousand bucks.
It was fun in part, but all the tables were very tight.  I don't think I want to come and play here again. 
I had a good run of cards in the evening, but all the pots were small.

They had a deal for a free buffet.  Pretty good.  The food was fine.  Some of it was terrible, like the crab legs or the chili, but other food was tasty, like the prime rib and the thin sliced lamb.  I rarely see lamb on a buffet.  The mussels were good as well.

I took the back roads there and back.  Great roads.  There is even a fine looking lake not far from Foxwoods.  The speed limit is just 25 and 35, but the time is the same and there is no traffic, no highways.

All in all I ended up $30 ahead for this trip.  I drank about four scotches and a brandy.  So I got plenty of value this trip.

I played from about ten until ten with just a short break for supper.
Afterwards I did try a bit of video poker at the dollar level, JOB.  I played just one dollar.  I ended up ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment