Monday, July 10, 2017

Lobster in the Rough/ Alec Baldwin

I decided to take this afternoon to visit Abbot's Lobster in the Rough.  I misplaced my free chowder coupon.  I thought I left it in the hotel, but I think now that it is buried somewhere in my luggage.  My memory for packing detail is very bad lately.  I work hard on packing, but I am always without something or have packed it away and can't get at it.  Even when I find it one day, and leave it in that space, I don't remember it another.  It is very frustrating.
However, that is why I blog.
I did the same with my camera, so I could not take photos of the boats and harbor. 
But there are some from a prior trip there, and the place has not changed.  Photos are included at this place.
PRIOR TRIPS
It is just thirteen minutes from the hotel, but it is such a winding path to get there.  The first time I found this spot was before the GPS.  I had a bunch of those printed directions we used to use.  It was rough going.  This time the winding route seemed easy.
I was quite hungry, so I ordered the Lobster Select meal which is a 2-2and a half pound lobster.  It must be the largest lobster I have ever eaten. 
It comes with a small bag of not very exciting potato chips and a small half cup of cold slaw, but the crack the lobster perfectly so it is much easier to eat than those in most restaurants.
It was good to eat on the edge of the water and watch the boats.  However, it is a crowded place.  I also ate their own clam chowder made in broth and not creamy or tomato based.  Very good.
Next time I'll bring my own salt. 
The hardest part is that there was a good wind and it was hard to hold on to anything light.  But it was a grand meal if awkward.  I could have sat inside, but I wanted to be right at the water's edge. 
I was full when I left.
In the evening I did not have the energy to go anywhere, so I watched the movie in the earlier post and then a roasting of Alec Baldwin.  It was quite an event. 
At times I like him.  At other times he can be a bit harsh.  I thought he was too hard on Jack Macbayer, really indicating that Jack should not be in comedy and no one would ever see him anywhere again.  He also forgot to thank Bill Clinton.
Clinton was polished and by far the best speaker there.  His jokes sneak up on the listener.  I always like hearing him. 

I could not make the popcorn I brought because there is no microwave in the room.  I ate some of the peanuts in shells, and made fine little bites of peanut butter on red pepper slices, fast becoming a favorite. 
There was plenty to drink that was good and cold.  I had a Zetia ginger ale.
And I had some scotch.
I fell asleep easily, but woke up at five thirty.  I wish I might have slept until 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment